AED Foundation Online Dealer Technician Technical Assessments
For Pre-Hire and Employed Service Technicians - English and Spanish
PRICING AND ORDERING
- AED Assessments evaluate technical knowledge of pre-hire job applicants, or currently employed techs.
- Dealers can offer employee "pre-tests" prior to technical training; then test again after to validate learning.
- AED Assessments were created specifically to meet the needs of AED members and the equipment industry.
- The entire AED Technical Assessment process is online, from ordering and test-taking, to results reporting.
- Each customer company is assigned its own online login/password protected Admin Area, where all assessment processes can be conveniently accessed and managed 24/7.
- Once test-takers submit the completed assessments, results are immediately available via the Admin Area.
- A variety of reports can be accessed via the admin area. Users define and request individual/collective results reports and benchmarking data with easy-to-use "click" options.
- Customer test results are archived in the Assessment Database to be retrieved any time via the Admin Area.
- Assessments are available in English and Spanish only; complete instructions are available for both versions in the Documentation section of the Admin Area.
- AED members: US$50.00 each; non-AED members: US$150.00 each
- To start using AED Technical Assessments, contact The AED Foundation to obtain a login and password for access to the assessments web site.
- Assessments are conveniently ordered online via credit card. Test logins and passwords for ordered assessments are available almost immediately after the order is placed.
- Assessment questions were created by a task force of 24 equipment technical experts broadly representing AED dealers, equipment manufacturers and technical colleges with equipment programs.
- The Assessment is aligned with AED National Construction Equipment Technical Standards that are now in their 7th edition. The "Standards" have been developed and updated by task forces with representatives from dealers, equipment manufacturers and technical colleges.
- The 160 questions evaluate current and future technicians' knowledge in the subject areas of diesel engine, power trains, electric/electronics, A/C and heating, hydraulics/hydrostatics, and safety/administration. These are the six key subject areas in AED's national technical standards.
- Assessment questions will be updated each time AED's national technical standards are updated.
- After completing the 120 minute timed assessment, each test-taker receives a "percent-correct" score for each of the above subject areas, as well as an overall score.
- There is no pass/fail score for the assessment, however, benchmarking data is conveniently available and will expand as the test is increasingly used. Companies can use this data to set their own performance parameters.
- The assessment is required to be delivered online with a proctor present to ensure the integrity of the results. Assessments are not to be assigned to the test-taker to be taken "on their own time" or at home. Proctor instructions and other detailed information are available in the Documentation area of the customer Admin Area.
- Online assessments offer greatest ease of use and efficiency; paper versions are not available.
- Test-taker instructions are available for download and hand out prior to start of the assessment.
- When the allotted time of 120 minutes is reached, the system automatically "times out" the test.